Assistant Bar Manager – The New York EDITION (21103622)
Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The New York EDITION located at Five Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10010 is hiring a Assistant Bar Manager.
Responsible for the daily operations of the Bar/Lounge. Position directs, trains and assists employees to serve guests and verifies that proper standards are followed. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations, professionally and consistently. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Bar Activities and Upkeep
• Verifies high quality products and presentations.
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Helps maintain par stocks throughout the various departments by daily monitoring of on-hand inventory.
• Maintains food handling, sanitation and cleanliness standards.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary.
• Assists floor staff during busy periods.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Observes service behaviors of employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Modeling and Holding Bar Team Accountable to High Standards of Work
• Supervises Bar/Lounge in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
• Trains staff on cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Supervises adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Verifies compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies, standards, and procedures.
• Maintains standards for bartender and cocktail service.
• Supervises adherence to all cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
Facilitating the Performance of the Bar Team
• Verifies that all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Coaches employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc. and Great Places to Work Institute, among others.
Visit marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.