Street Sweeper Operator
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A or B with Airbrake endorsement.
- Clean driving record preferred.
- Experience driving and/or operating equipment preferred.
- Must pass a Pre-Placement Alcohol & Drug test and adhere to any ongoing random testing.
- Must pass physical examination (DOT medical card) and maintain throughout employment.
- No history of Drug or Alcohol related violations.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to follow directions and read maps.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, write, and communicate clearly.
- Must be able to climb in and out of large vehicles several times a day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts – Days, nights and weekends
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Operate a street sweeper.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle.
- Complete daily vehicle conditional reports of assigned vehicle.
- Fill the street sweeper with water from fire hydrants, operating rotary brushes and water spray controls.
- Sweep up trash, debris, and contaminants from streets and curbs and other assigned areas (parking lots, construction sites, etc.)
- Dump the collective debris into dump trucks, dumpster and or the ground.
- Exercise caution when operating in confined spaces and congested streets.
- Communicate regularly with customers, dispatchers, and management.
- Perform daily wash, grease, and fuel of assigned vehicle/equipment.
- Complete all assigned routes in the SAFEST and most economical manner possible.
- Follow all State of Illinois safety and traffic laws.
Please apply in person with a current MVR report at:
Elgin Sweeping Services, Inc.
1015 W. Pershing Rd,
Chicago, IL 60609